The ASPIN Navigator Project was supported by Funding Opportunity Number CA-NAV-13-001 from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. The contents of oral, written, and electronic communications are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of HHS or any of its agencies unless cited otherwise.
Health Navigator Role
Provide information dissemination and enrollment support for Marketplace and Indiana Health Coverage Programs within scope of practice. Facilitate enrollment activities into Qualified Health Plans (QHP), Medicaid, HIP, and CHIP. Assist enrollees with questions about their health plan coverage or determination and make necessary referrals. Link individuals to services requested, provide community education sessions, convene community health event planning sessions and support the execution and marketing of selected events. This is a full time position with benefits.
- Maintain and execute expertise in eligibility, enrollment, and program specifications by participating in all assigned webinars, conference calls, and reading and responding to updates from ASPIN and CMS.
- Provide information and services in a fair, accurate, and impartial manner, to all potential and eligible user of acknowledging other health programs including Medicaid, HIP, and CHIP, making referrals to the appropriate State agency(ies)
- Facilitate selection of a Qualified Health Plan. This would involve helping complete electronic submission of Personal Health Information, or in utilizing paper applications or any other alternate format that is accessible and preferred.
- Maintain enrollment goals and strategies as determined by the program’s overall goals and supervisor.
- Assist in providing information and services in a manner that is culturally and linguistically appropriate. Maintain ethical standards inherent in navigator role.
- Comply with privacy and security standards and use computers, including laptops or tablets, in accordance with 45 C.F.R. § 155.260. Collect and report required data within grant timelines.
Community Health Worker:
- Participate in Navigator and Community Health Worker trainings in the required timeframes.
- Conduct public education and outreach activities to raise awareness about health insurance and population health issues within the community.
- Support community health events through planning, marketing, and logistics.
- Outreach to specific populations within the community(ies) or groups including individuals with limited English proficiency, populations underserved in the current health insurance market, and vulnerable populations.
- Conduct activities for improved: patient healthcare engagement, health outcomes and lower health costs.
- Maintain an expertise in conducting health assessments, Indiana chronic diseases, and behavioral modifications/health improvement strategies.
- All other duties as assigned.
Special Conditions: Local travel to different outreach, education and enrollment sites. Requires work at times when outreach may be most effective, valid driver’s license, and proof of insurance and passing of a criminal background check.
Position Qualifications and Requirements
Minimum of high school diploma or GED. Prefer post-high school training/education. Must be willing to develop relationships within local communities and have strong presentation, interpersonal and communication skills. Must have good organizational skills and be able to work independently and effectively with others. Ability to handle protected health information and personally identifiable information in accordance with HIPAA requirements. Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications. Satisfactorily complete training required by Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), State of Indiana and ASPIN.
Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org